Pedestrian and bicycle safety is one of our top priorties.
Here is an update on the Active Transportation Cycle 3 Palm Drive Bicycle and Pedestrian Improvement Project.
This project includes the design and construction of safety improvements along Palm Drive from Camino Aventura to Two Bunch Palms Trail and provides:
• 3,450 lineal feet of sidewalks
• 14 ADA ramps and driveways
• 22 driveway crosswalks and striping
• 10,600 lineal feet of new buffered bike land striping
• 35 new street lights
• 1 new raised median
• 14 bus stop warning signs and lights
• Additional pedestrian and bicycle safety signage
The cost for this project is: $2,034,621.00
The funding source for this project:
• Active Transportation Project Cycle 3 grant funds: $772,000.00
• Development Impact Fees Street fund: $1,222,621.00
• Sidewalk fund: $40,000.00
We are happy to report the project is currently underway. All of the sidewalks and underground conduits for street lights have been completed, which means Southern California Edison can now begin installing the street lights. ADA ramps are currently being constructed and asphalt rehabilitation and new striping will follow.
The City’s portion of the project is scheduled to be completed by the end of December 2019.
Southern California Edison anticipates completing the installation of the street lights by December 27, 2019.