The City of Desert Hot Springs is accepting applications to fill a City Council vacancy. Council Member, Anayeli Zavala has advised that she will resign from the Desert Hot Springs City Council effective July 2, 2019.
On May 21, 2019, the City Council considered the available options under State law for filling the vacancy. The City Council voted unanimously (with Council Member Zavala abstaining) to appoint a qualified individual to complete the term of office ending in December 2020.
- City Council Staff Report - May 21, 2019 (Click on Item 7 to view)
To be eligible to serve on the City Council, applicants must be:
- 18 years of age or older;
- A resident of the City of Desert Hot Springs;
- A registered voter of the City;
- Not on parole or serving time for a felony conviction; and
- Certify that he/she meets the eligibility requirements and is willing to serve in the office for the remainder of the term.
Applicants who meet the qualifications must submit the application by 5:00 P.M. on Monday, June 24, 2019. The Application is available by clicking the link below, or in person at City Hall located at 11-999 Palm Drive.
Applications may be submitted via electronic mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, through the U.S. Postal Service, or hand delivery to the Office of the City Clerk.
*No late applications or postmarks will be accepted.
Applicants may be invited to interview with the City Council during a meeting to be announced.
For more information, please contact Jerryl Soriano, City Clerk at (760) 329-6411 or at email@example.com