Governor Gavin Newsom's stay at home order went into effect at midnight last night, and our community must operate under this order until further notice.
What does it actually mean, and how will it affect your daily life?
Rather than focus on the restrictions, these are the things you CAN still do:
- Go to the grocery store or pharmacy
Go to medical appointments
- Go to a restaurant or fast food place for take-out, delivery, or drive-through
- Leave your home to go care for or support a friend or family member
- Walk your pets outside
- Enjoy leisure activities outside: Hiking, biking, walking, running, etc. (just stay 6 feet away from anyone else)
- Help someone else get necessary supplies
- Go to work if your workplace is an essential business
What are some examples of essential businesses?
- Grocery stores
- Gas stations
- Convenience stores
- Medical facilities
- Dry cleaners & laundromats
- Municipal operations
*Ask your employer if you're not sure whether your workplace qualifies.
Overall, when in doubt you should err on the side of caution. We must work together to keep our community safe. Stay tuned to City social media and this website for more information.