SunLine Transit Agency Expands SunRide Stops in City of Desert Hot Springs and Desert Edge
More public transportation opportunities are coming to the City of Desert Hot Springs. Residents and tourists are welcome to take advantage of the newly expanded SunRide microtransit services. SunRide was first launched by SunLine in January 2021, as part of the SunLine Refueled initiative, in an effort to connect people with more options for getting around town. Following its successful launch, the service is now being expanded to offer 12 new stops in the Desert Hot Springs and Desert Edge community. The biggest improvement is expanding the service zone along Palm Drive.
With SunLine resuming level 1 service and expanding SunRide transportation, traveling in and around the Desert Hot Springs and Desert Edge community has never been easier. SunLine strives to make a variety of transportation services accessible to everyone, keeping in mind the principle that transportation is the key to a high quality of life.
Riders are welcome to use SunRide to get to designated stops within the newly expanded geofence parameter or to use the service to connect them to and from the nearest bus stops. Effective as of September 6, 2021, SunRide will offer 12 new stops within Desert Hot Springs at convenient points of interest.
- Desert Hot Springs Soccer Park: 14510 Palm Dr, Desert Hot Springs, CA 92240
- Desert Hot Springs Library: 14380 Palm Dr, Desert Hot Springs, CA 92240
- Desert Springs Middle School: 66755 Two Bunch Palms Trail, Desert Hot Springs, CA 92240
- Grocery Outlet: 14677 Palm Dr, Desert Hot Springs, CA 92240
- Vons: 14200 Palm Dr, Desert Hot Springs, CA 92240
- Bubbling Wells Elementary School: 14200 Palm Dr, Desert Hot Springs, CA 92240
- Hacienda Palms Shopping Center (Stater Bros): 13200 Palm Drive, Desert Hot Springs, CA 92240
For those who have not yet used SunRide, the service is quickly and conveniently summoned through the smartphone app, TransLoc. Trips can be scheduled ahead of time or on-demand with an approximate 15-minute wait time. SunRide is available Monday through Friday from 5:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. SunRide can pick you up at your home and take you to a bus stop near the place you want to visit. It can also pick you up from a bus stop and take you home.
For the health and safety of riders and drivers, several safety protocols are in place:
- Single ride trips (only people in your party in the vehicle)
- Partition between passenger(s) and driver
- Required mask policy
- Wipe down of interior spaces between rides
- Nightly disinfecting fogging of vehicle
To learn more and view an interactive map to help plan your trip, please visit www.sunline.org/sunride. Interested in learning more about what SunLine’s transition to level 1 services means? Please visit SunLine’s news section.