SunRide is a microtransit service that will be available in 4 Coachella Valley zones to connect riders to the fixed route network or to any destination along a fixed route network in the designated zone. Riders use this service with a smartphone app, TransLoc, which will call for a SunRide vehicle to pick them up at a destination within the designated zones and/or bus stops.
SUN RIDE PAMPHLET LETTER - SPANISH
Trips can be scheduled ahead of time or on-demand with an approximate 15 minute wait to match with a driver.
Hours: SunRide is available Monday-Friday 5:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m.
Fare: $2 per person per ride. (Walk-on rides are cash only.)
Be ready. Vehicles depart briefly after arriving at the pick-up point noted by the app.
Riders using SunRide cannot be guaranteed an ADA-compliant vehicle unless specifically requested when booking.
SunRide safety protocals include:
- Single ride trips (only people in your party)
- Partition between passenger(s) and driver
- Required mask policy
- Wipe down of interior spaces between rides
- Nightly disinfecting fogging of vehicle
How SunRide Works:
Request a Ride: Anyone within the service area boundaries can summon a ride using the mobile app. Simply enter in your destination address. A driver will be matched with you in approximately 15 minutes. You can also schedule a ride ahead of time with the TransLoc App.
- Go to your app store and search “Microtransit” to download the app. Click to download: Google Play - Apple App Store
- Open the app and review the available services. Choose the service you want to use by tapping "Book a Ride."
- Confirm your pick-up location and select your drop-off location. These must be within the service's region parameters shown on the map. Change your pick-up time by tapping “ ASAP” and selecting a new time and date to schedule your ride ahead of time.
- Select the number of passengers with you, and if you need a wheelchair-accessible vehicle. Tap "Request Ride" when ready.
- The first time you use the app, the system will require you to log in or create an account* with TransLoc (the company behind the app). *This is a free account, and your information will not be shared, however, you will need to include your mobile phone number if you would like to receive text message notifications.
- Keep the app open to stay informed on your ride status. For more details on how to use the TransLoc app, please visit: https://www.transloc.com/app/how-it-works/
Desert Hot Springs Zone:
-Route 3 at Dillon loop to Hacienda Ave. and Mountain View
-Routes 2 and 5 at Palm & Dillon