DATE: Tuesday, January 18, 2022
TIME: 6:00 P.M. (or as soon thereafter as the matter may be heard)
LOCATION: Via Video-Conference
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the City Council will conduct a Public Hearing to consider the following actions: a) General Plan Amendment 21-2, b) Zone Change 21-1, c) Zoning Ordinance Amendment 21-2; amending Table 17.16.01, structure height (Maximum/feet) to five (5) stories/100 feet, and d) Adopt a General Plan Update EIR Addendum.
CASE(S): At the December 14, 2021, Planning Commission meeting, the Planning Commission made a recommendation that City Council adopt the following cases: a) General Plan Amendment 21-2, b) Zoner Change 21-1, c) Zoning Ordinance Amendment 21-2; amending Table 17.16.01, structure height (Maximum/feet) to five (5) stories/100 feet, and d) Adopt a General Plan Update EIR Addendum.
LOCATION: Six parcels dispersed throughout the City with the following APNs;
- The proposed Project consists of zone changes and concurrent General Plan Designation for the following parcels:
- APN: 656-150-003: Currently zoned as Residential Low (R-L) to change to Visitor Serving Commercial (VS-C) to allow spa use (vacant large lot with hot water well) General Plan Designation Visitor Serving Commercial (VS-C)
- APN: 641-091-021: Currently zoned as Residential Medium (R-M) to change to Mixed Use Corridor (MU-C) to allow auto repair shop (existing) General Plan Designation Mixed Use Corridor (MU-C)
- APN: 641-091-025: Currently zoned as Residential Medium (R-M) to change to MU-C to allow adjacent ARCO expansion (vacant lot) General Plan Designation Mixed Use Corridor (MU-C)
- APN: 641-042-047: Currently zoned as Residential Medium (R-M) to change to D-C (Downton Commercial) to be consistent with current uses General Plan Designation Commercial (Com)
- APN: 665-100-026: Currently zoned as Residential Rural Desert (R-RD) to change to I-L (Light Industrial). General Plan Designation Industrial (I)
- APN: 666-370-032: Currently dual zoning as I-L/C-BP (Industrial-Energy Production) and Commercial Business Park (C-BP) to change to all I-L. General Plan Designation Industrial (I)
- Zoning Ordinance Amendment is to amend Table 17.16.01 (Industrial Development Standards) increasing the maximum height of structures from 2-stories/50feet to 5-stories/100 feet
APPLICANT/REPRESENTATIVE: City initiated.
PROPOSAL: The proposal consists of the following actions; a) General Plan Amendment 21-2, b) Zone Change 21-1, c) Zoning Ordinance Amendment 21-2; amending Table 17.16.01, structure height (Maximum/feet) to five (5) stories/100 feet, and d) Adopt a General Plan Update EIR Addendum.
ENVIRONMENTAL DETERMINATION: An Addendum has been prepared for the proposed project pursuant to 14 Cal. Code. Regs Section 15162(a) of the CEQA Guidelines, once an EIR has been certified, no subsequent environmental review needs to be completed unless there are substantial changes in the project that warrant additional review. After a duly noticed public hearing, on May 26, 2020, the City Council adopted and approved a General Plan Amendment. Pursuant to the CEQA, Public Resources Code Sections 21000, et seq., and its implementing regulations, California Code of Regulations Section 15000, et seq., the City, acting as Lead Agency, reviewed and certified a draft Environmental Impact Report (State Clearinghouse number 2019080101) prepared for the proposed General Plan Amendment and determined that, following the implementation of certain mitigated measures and after the preparation of a GPU EIR Addendum there are no substantial changes that warrant additional review.
INTERESTED PERSONS MAY be heard or written comments may be submitted prior to the Public Hearing(s). Written comments will be made a part of the public record. If you challenge this matter in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in this notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the City of Desert Hot Springs, at or prior to, the public hearing.
The City Council hearing will be conducted through Zoom. The meeting will also be broadcast live on the City’s YouTube Channel. Access to the Zoom meeting will be available with the published agenda.
All information regarding the proposed project is available for public review by appointment at the City of Desert Hot Springs City Hall, 11999 Palm Drive Desert Hot Springs CA 92240, during regular business hours (Monday through Thursday, 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM).
QUESTIONS AND INQUIRIES regarding this matter or to review information for the above-described project:
Juan Carrillo, Principal Planner
(760) 329-6411 Ext. 250
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA): In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Clerk’s Office at (760) 329-6411 or via email at email@example.com. Notification at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting(s) will enable the City to make reasonable accommodations to ensure accessibility.