FAQ Topic: Cannabis Hotel Facilties

How do I apply for a State Cannabis License?

State licenses are obtained through the California Department of Cannabis Compliance, and instructions on how to apply are available through their website. https://cannabis.ca.gov/applicants/how-to-apply-renew/

How do I access Desert Hot Springs application portal?

Access the Desert Hot Springs website at cityofdhs.org and click “Online Permits”, and then click “Cannabis Compliance”. The regulatory permit is entitled “Cannabis Hotel Regulatory Permit”. Accessing the Frequently Asked Questions box will provide an overview of the application portal.

What type of city permits will I need to operate a Cannabis Hotel Facility?

You must first acquire a Conditional Use Permit, which allows the purposed cannabis use (Planning Division) and Regulatory Permit, (Cannabis Hotel Facility /Storefront) which authorizes the cannabis facility operation (Cannabis Compliance) will be required; procedures for applying for both are located within the Desert Hot Springs City website.

Where can my Cannabis Hotel Facility be located?

Cannabis hotel facilities shall be located in commercial districts (excluding the Downtown Commercial District), Mixed-Use Corridor District, or Visitor-Serving Mixed-Use District in the City.

Close window